Who we are
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
- Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
- We/us (either capitalised or not) – Construction Squad
Data Protection Principles
We commit to follow the following data protection principles … and PROMISE …
- our processing is lawful, fair, transparent.
- our processing activities have lawful grounds.
- to always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data.
- to provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- that processing is limited to the purpose.
- processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data
- required for any purpose.
- processing is limited with a time period.
- not to store your personal data for longer than needed.
- our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- object to processing– meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc., – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us.
We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
Information stored by cookies and other session tools.
When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged. This is used to improve your customer experience. For example your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if applicable) etc.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners below.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example …
- registering your account; (if applicable)
- providing you with other products and services that you have requested;
- providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services;
- communicating and interacting with you;
- and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data to:
- identify you;
- provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data to:
- send you personalised offers(from us only);
- administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history)in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- conduct surveys concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data to:
- send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us only);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
- fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law.
We Reserve the Right to …
- anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
- save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 6 years.
- process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered.
To do this, we will ensure that …
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
- we inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Identifiable Data
By default WordPress does not share any personal data with anyone.
Construction Squad does not share with strangers or sell your Personal Data. Period!
Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
- work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data.
- disclose Personal Data to third parties or public officials if we are legally obliged to do so,
- or if you have consented to or requested it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- WordPress (subscriber logins and comments). Construction Squad does not allow subscriber registration. However, if you leave a comment, information is stored in our comments database. This information includes your name, email and IP address and is protected by WordFence Security.
Our business partners:
Connected third parties:
Themes and building blocks
X theme by Themeco – (does not store any Personal Identifiable Data). Construction Squad uses the X Theme. The only information stored are theme and plugin settings, content, and other building blocks of this website in order to allow it to function and/or report plugin conflicts.
Cornerstone by Themeco – (does not store any Personal Identifiable Data). Again this is simply a building block of the X Theme.
By default, WordPress does not collect any analytics data. However, many web hosting accounts collect some anonymous analytics data. We have installed the following WordPress plugins to provides analytics services.
By default, WordPress does not include a contact form. We use Mailchimp contact forms on our website.
WordFence– (All in one cyber defence security and real-time tracking). Will track and report IP addresses to prevent brute force attacks.
Really Simple SSL
If you link to us on other social media platforms using our social media icons, the information tracked (if any) will be in accordance with the respective social media platforms, over which we at Construction Squad have no control.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
How we secure your data
- do our best to keep your Personal Data safe.
- use safe and secure encrypted protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS).
anonymise where suitable.
- actively monitor our systems for vulnerabilities and attacks – and security measures will regularly be updated .
- use Wordfence Cyber Security 24/7 which is constantly scanning and monitoring brute force attacks, malware, changes to themes, plugins or unauthorised access and notifies us immediately by email to any irregularities.
- try our best … but we cannot always guarantee the security of information.
- promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches.
- will notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests.
- will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Please Note: If you have an account with us, that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
If you …
- leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for one year.
- select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Registered users or comments
You can download your data here ONLY if you have an account with us or have left a comment on our website. This tool will not work for any other reason.
Please identify yourself via e-mail
Website contact or Existing Clients
If you have used our contact form or are an existing client, please mail us here to request a copy your details, which can be securely removed at your request.